Monday, February 23, 2015

Visiting San Diego: Where to Stay, and What Not to Miss – An Opinion Piece

Ahh … sunny San Diego. I can’t think of too many other vacation destinations with such great weather year round. And there are so many things to do there that we seem to discover something new each time we go. The beaches, golf courses, shopping, and restaurants keep us coming back for more.


Photo by Kala Carter via trover.com




Where We Stay

With so many San Diego hotels from which to choose, it is not easy to narrow the options down, but our favorite place to stay is Omni La Costa Resort & Spa. The guest rooms are comfortable and luxurious at the same time, and they have all the amenities you would expect from an award-winning hotel; however I prefer spending my time at the pool in a private cabana or at the spa.

I almost forgot to mention the golf. It is an awesome golf hotel. The two golf courses at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa are world-famous for a reason. The challenges and the scenery are incredible. Of course it is also fun to say that you have played on a course that has hosted 37 PGA tournaments.

Photo by Nalani Silva via trover.com


Our Favorite Places


Attractions
I still have wonderful memories of the San Diego Zoo Safari Park because it is so different from a typical zoo, and because I absolutely loved having the amazingly beautiful lorikeets land on me and drink nectar from a cup I held in my hand. I also made an exception for a visit to LEGOLAND. The kids loved it, and I actually did too (maybe because I played with Legos as a child).

Marina District
Another one of our favorite places to visit in San Diego is Seaport Village in the Marina District. I have always loved water and the view of San Diego Harbor is stunning. I especially love the view from Busters Beach House & Longboard Bar while I am enjoying the delicious Mahi Mahi. My husband doesn’t even mind it when I shop at the unique boutiques in the village because he just waits at the restaurant and has an extra beer or two.

Photo by Jason Zite via trover.com


Del Mar
A trip to San Diego is not complete for us without a visit to Del Mar City Beach. The swimming is great here, and we love just walking up and down the shore taking in the beautiful scenery. We will often pick up sandwiches from Board and Brew in Del Mar to take to the beach with us. I love their veggie supreme sandwich, and my husband usually gets a roast beef sandwich.

Planning the Next Trip

There are two things I want to do on our next trip to San Diego. I just learned about Excursiopedia and their organized tours. One of the tours is called Brothels, Bites and Booze: A Culinary Tour of San Diego’s Questionable past. I love culinary tours. The other is called Gaslamp Quarter Wine Walk. I love wine. I can’t wait to get back to San Diego.

This post was written as part of the #HipmunkCityLove project.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...