Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Alliteration Abounds - Newsweek

One of my children was asking about alliteration the other day so it struck me as funny that the October 27 issue of Newsweek - which I read the very next day - happened to have a couple of examples of alliteration. First, there was a column about health titled "The Power of Pure Poppycock" (nice set of p's, not to mention that the first word of the article is perhaps). Then there was a blurb about the separation of Madonna and Guy Ritchie that mentioned their son, Rocco Ritchie, and said he'd "better grow up to like alliteration."

I know I like alliteration. I think it is a very entertaining poetic device (contrary to what the cartoon below reads - which, by the way, provides a perfect example of the entertainment factor of alliteration).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...