Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Electric Company and Blending Syllables

Having just written about the internal structure of syllables, I found it interesting that the January 19th Newsweek had an article about the 1970's television show "The Electric Company" that mentioned blended syllables. I am of the original "Electric Company" generation and I certainly remember watching the show and blending syllables.

Tiger – “Let’s clap tiger” (Say and clap “ti-ger”) “How many parts?”(two)

According to the article, the new version of "The Electric Company" is about four superhero kids that can throw letters and words. Sounds fun; I love throwing letters and words around. I can't wait to check out the new "Electric Company."

1 comment:

THE GRAMMARPHILE said...

Just wanted to say *thanks* for the heads-up you left for me on my blog! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...