Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More Fun with Idioms

Television writers sure have been getting creative with idioms lately and I love writing about idioms, so here we go:

I wasn't born yesterday became I remember yesterday and I wasn't born during it on an episode of Desperate Housewives.

I could give a rat's ass became where did I put that rat's ass I could give on an episode of Pushing Daisies.

You can't beat a dead horse became he must be from the dead horse beating department (don't remember where I heard this one).

5 comments:

Erin Davis said...

Ha! I especially like the variation on giving a rat's ass.
:0)

Laura Payne said...

That is my favorite too.

Rimpy Rimpington said...

Hey, Wordacious! This isn't related to this post, but I just noticed that your Blogger profile picture is just the default silhouette head. If you don't want to put your real picture up, how about something so we can identify you in "Followers" and such? Just a thought. Take care.

Prashant Mehta said...

Nice one!

Laura Payne said...

Thanks Rimpy, I had been meaning to do that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...