Friday, December 12, 2008

Don't Sleep, There are Snakes (and Linguists)

Don't Sleep, There are Snakes: Life and Language in the Amazonian Jungle" is a new book written by Daniel L. Everett, a linguist and missionary. I wanted to mention the book because it is not everyday that a (non-textbook) book pertaining to linguistics is published. The book is a non-fiction account of the author's time spent in Brazil studying the language of the Piraha tribe. I am very much looking forward to reading the book; though I probably will not be able to anytime soon as I am busy preparing for the class I will be teaching. At any rate, if anyone has read it and wants to share a review, please click on the comment button below. I would love to hear what people think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...