As long as we have been on the subject of lists this week, here is a list of the top ten posts from 2009 on A Walk in the Words.
1. The Semiotics of Logos - Obama and Pepsi are Lookalikes
2. The Evolution of Language - A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
3. The Difference Between Lay and Lie
4. Therefor vs Therefore
5. Bad Advertising - Billboard Semiotics and Pragmatics Fail
6. Phrase Etymology - A Pair of Pants
7. Language Peeves - Loose vs Lose
8. Shall We Have Carry Out or Take Away Tonight?
9. Linguistics Cartoon Favorites - Paraprosdokian or Treat
10. Where Was the Girl? - Sentence Ambiguity Diagrammed