Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mmm Mmm Ambiguous Advertising (includes vagueness and a spelling error )

This is a screen shot from the website of one of my family's favorite pizza places.



Is the advertised special a [[large family] [deal]] ?
Or a [[large][family deal]] ?
If the advertised special is for a [[large family] [deal]] as the ad layout suggests, is it for a family that is large in number or a family whose members are large in size?

I'm pretty sure the advertisers meant the advertised special to be interpreted as a [[large][family deal]] because the special includes a large pizza and a large salad, but the word choice and the way the words are arranged on the two different lines make the deal both ambiguous and vague at the same time.

Also, no matter how "mmm, mmm good" their pizza is, I still don't like the extra "m" in the box about on-line ordering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling Andy about this when I pick up my pizza tonight!

Loove ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...